Nomophobia- #Fear of losing ones phone




Source: socialdiary.pk


 In Lagos, wonders never cease. Being the omo eko that I am, the rule of the game is to be street smart.This is a jungle where only those that are sharp and fast carry the day. It is basically the survival of the fittest.

  Funny things happen in the commercial center of the nation. The pickpockets, the agberos(area boys), the fraudsters, the manipulators, the traffic, the noise, the people, everything adds up to make the place the 8th wonder of the world.

Asides the negatives, if you can live in Lagos, you can live anywhere. Lagosians are very resilient and industrious. They do not "dull". It is one "owambe" to another "owambe". There is always something humorous even in the stress that builds up daily in the city.The bukas are home away from home. I was told that the dirtier it is, the sweeter their meals.You can only get the best amala joints in Lagos. In traffic, you can get virtually everything you want from snacks to drinks to   fresh meat to pots even land sef…you name it. Sometimes, you do not need to go to the market.

You all would be able to relate with my story. It was the close of day and I was headed to my abode. Being rush hour, traffic showed its ugly head. It did not affect vehicles alone, it extended to passers-by of which I was one.

So this man who wanted to overtake me was in such a hurry. Immediately he passed me, something within me reminded of my phone. And to add to my fear,my designers bag was zipless. It just occurred to me that the man must be making away with my phone as he was in so much hurry.

Holding on to the man before he went further, I asked him to please give back my phone. This was after I had dipped my hand into my bag to bring out my phone and didn't see the gadget.

So I held him and pleaded with him to please return my phone. Then the bubble burst open.
 His appearance kinda made me think he was a pickpocket. It is not written on their faces though.  But they are always in a hurry. And they kinda look haggard, well this is not proven. Don't go around thinking every haggard person is a pickpocket.

Back to the thriller, the man started getting aggressive. Meanwhile I was still begging him to return the supposedly stolen phone. Do you know that after checking my bag again the phone was well seated underneath my bag. Apoti bag???

I didn't let the man know that I had found it. I let him go after the discovery. People's intervention saved the day.

"Lock your bag" came one advice
"Have you found your phone?" Came one question
To which I replied in the affirmative.

This scene happens in Nolly wood but this was live. That was a very risky venture. Remember one of the ten commandments that thou shall not accuse thy brethren falsely. It was very much applicable. But something similar had happened to me while rushing to get a bus, my phone got stolen in the process.

Apparently, I tend to be "nomophobic". I dread losing my phone like going to hell fire. Getting another one doesn't rub of the pain of losing one particularly if you have so much on the phone. I love it and its features. My photos, my notes, documents, contacts and music collections are in it. The thought of losing it would leave me in serious pain as if it was heartbreak from a loved one.Thankfully I have my phone.
 In the meantime,don't jump into conclusions rather strive to jump at opportunities instead!
Source: www.factslide.com

Comments