Thank God for another year!


Happy New Year!
Wow its my first post in the new year and its dedicated to moi as I turn a  year older today. Birthdays come once in a year. I cannot keep calm because it is my birthday today! Yay!!!!!

In the mid 80s, this girl lady, let's say woman was born into the family of the J.O Uyehs. I was told I cried alot as a baby, I still do. Tears of pain, tears of joy, tears of victory.... I cry all of them.
 I loved singing on top of voice,  I still do but have to remind myself that omo na small small you are no longer a child oo
 I loved dancing, Well I don't dance as before but I'm trying to get my groove back
 I loved writing, I still do and trying to improve by the day
May be I'm kinda vain because I love fashion, make up and hair dos.  I do remind myself that moderation is key and less is actually more.

To celebrate my day, I want to list things I'm thankful for:
 My life- the experiences, the adventures,my family, the people, the drama, the church, my home. I thank God for them

Food on my table- I am a foodie, eating good food has never been and would never be an issue

Air- I am alive and breathing fine.There was a time I had stuffy nose for months and I got to understand what it means to breathe.

Project completion- I was doing a project and it became long overdue but thanks to God, it has been completed( waiting for the next phase)

 Personal victories- Sometimes I want to give up but the Word of God has ever been my pillar and source of strength. Every day I wake up  stronger, ready to take on the world

 Favour- When I least expect,  God raises people to help/ favour me for no reason. There are countless number of times when help showed up even when hope was lost or when I though it was over.

No longer dependent, at least I am becoming more independent by the day.

 As in nothing do me- I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I have accepted myself- my entire being. There was a time I hated looking at the mirror because I had a rough face. Of late, I have been complaining of my body, having dropped from a size 12 to size 10  i think and  have been lusting for someone else's figure but all that have changed I love me the way I am. There can never be another me. In Bruno Mar's voice, girl you're amazing just the way you are!

 This may sound cliché but I am no longer where I used to be and I am making cautious efforts to be where I want to be by God's grace.

Several things to be thankful for, the list is endless and some of them I would rather keep to myself . As I conclude, I am thanking God for another year, I am rest assured that He's got my back. Every thing  that happens to me is intentional because God causes them to work for my good.   Happy birthday to me!!!
 








Comments